Bachelor of Education (Physical Education and Sport Sciences) –
The programme aims at advancing the theory and practice of Physical Education and Sport Sciences in the context of evolving studies in PE and Sport sciences, providing teaching and research in Physical Educations and Sports Sciences in order to produce competent personal capable of entering a variety of carrier other than teaching and coaching and providing unique opportunities for interdisciplinary studies of Physical Education and sport sciences and the allied subjects. More specifically the B.Ed PESS programme aims to:
• Equip students with a thorough understanding of a broad range of scientific theories and practices in Kinesiology, Leisure and Sports.
• Facilitate students’ participation in physical education and sport at recreational and competitive levels.
• Provide students with the right methods to translate theory into practice, and conduct research studies and practical fieldwork in Physical Education, Leisure and Sports and to enhance high quality provision of a holistic and lifelong education in physical activities.
• Create accessible and flexible professional opportunities for all people involved in Physical Education.
• Avail students to scholarly inquiry, productive interaction and effective dissemination of knowledge.
• Produce highly qualified personnel in physical education and sports.
• Inform students about recent developments in Physical Education, Sports, Leisure and Recreation Management.
• Develop students’ skills, competencies, attitudes and knowledge in Physical Education, Sports, Leisure and Recreation Management
Bachelor of Education (Physical Education & Sport Sciences) [B. Ed PESS]
Principles of Education
Introduction to Educational Psychology
Development Perspectives I
Foundations of Physical Education
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Track and Field Athletics
Swimming and Life Saving
Introduction to Teaching
Teaching Practice I
Computer Literacy for Teachers
Principles of Curriculum Dev. and Teaching
Educational Media and Technology
Sport, Society and Development
Sports Journalism and Marketing
Handball, Gymnastics and Traditional Games
Teaching Practice II *
History of Education in East Africa
Soccer and Volleyball
Basketball and Netball
Electives (1) 3 2 Optional
[Electives]Theory and Practice of Fitness and Health
Legal and Ethical Issues in Physical Education and Sports
Sport tourism and outdoor recreation and leisure
Management of Education and School Admin.
Educational Measurement and Evaluation
Research Methods in Education
Physical Education in Schools and Colleges
Theory and Methods of Sport Training
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAMCENTRAL ADMINISTRATION P.O. Box 35091
DAR ES SALAAM Website: http://www.udsm.ac.tz
Phone: +255-22-2410509, +255-22-2410628
22 total views, 1 views today